Today, I Am Me! Newest Folk Art Painting!

Good evening folks,
This last month has been a month full of emotions. With the death of my Daddy and the ensuing grieving process, well, it has made me think of so many things about myself. As children, we always strive to make our parents proud, and thankfully mine have always been of my siblings and I. Now, that doesn't mean that we might not have disappointed them....lol, but, that is part of the whole parent/child relationship.
One of the biggest emotional issues I have had in the past ten years of my life, has been my battle with weight. I gain...I loose.......I gain.....well, you know what I mean. The feelings of "not being goo0d enough".....or, "I can't wear that".......or, "OMG, these pants are to tight", have been something I've lived with along time. So, I started thinking of the horrible pressure, we, as a society place on our young women and men with all the "famous people" that are always in ads....everywhere, or, as I call them "the pretty people".
So, I put up my jewelry making supplies, and pulled out my paints.....my real love......and thought of all the "real beautiful people out there".....with hearts and souls of gold. How important it is that WE always let our children know, that it doesn't matter what we look like, it only matters what is on the inside! The sketching and then painting started, and I love my lady that came alive.....she lives life on her terms.....she wears what she wants whether it matches or not......her hair is kind of stringy and wispy and never stays in place.....and her beret never sits just right......her blush is sometimes a little too much.....but, she loves herself just the way she is.......










This is also the first painting where I have used mixed media, and I am very please with the way it turned out. We are all beautiful......we all need to reach inside of us and find that special place where we
know that we are okay just the way we are. If you can improve upon yourself
and it is what is right for you, then and only then.....do it.

Blessings,
Deborah

Comments

  1. Very nice Deborah! Love your use of colors.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your post! I have the same battle weight. Love your lady too

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a beautiful lady! Love the mixed media and the message! Glad you gave in to your need to paint :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that saying! What a fun painting! Thanks for sharing over at Wake Up Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I enjoyed your post and your painting! I've been on and off prednisone for a long time and it does terrible things to my weight and my shape, so I can relate. Thanks so much for linking up to Awesome Life Friday - I hope you'll come back again this week! http://rchreviews.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

DIY Zip Tie Bohemian Bracelets! VaVoom!

Everyone Loves Watermelon....Right?

The Lady with Blue Eyes...New Folk Art Painting